Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

I've listened all day long to people wishing everyone Happy Father's Day. If you've lost your father it isn't a very happy day. I lost my daddy 5 1/2 years ago and I miss him as much today as I did the day he died. The love he had for his family was amazing and the type that I would wish for everyone. We weren't wealthy but we never did without or want for anything. He was there no matter what was going on in our lives. He raised 6 kids, his parents died when he was only 21 and he took his two younger brothers (7 and 11) and brought them up as his own. He gave us the love that only a Christian father could give. I'm thankful for that because the love he taught me about my Heavenly Father is what gets me through days like this. If you still have your daddy give him an extra hug and tell him how much you love him while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment