Sunday, June 27, 2010

Planning a Service

The more I've sat with mother during the last few days, the more I see that her time here is coming to an end. I decided on Friday that I would start working on her funeral service, so I wouldn't have that facing me when the time gets here. I already knew who she wanted to do her service so that was not a problem. As I sat thinking about the music I knew a couple of songs that she would want done. This morning I was looking over the order of worship before the choir rehearsed for the service, I noticed two songs on there that just jumped out at me. I knew that those were the songs I had been searching for. Mother isn't a praise chorus type person, but I knew she would approve of these. Lesli told me that if I did any of the 7-11 praise choruses that Gram would come back and haunt me. I decided to go with "Surely the Presence" and "In the Presence of Jehovah". These are two of my favorite and as we sang them during the service there was a peace that came over me that I know I have made the right choice. My mother has lived her life for Jesus and I know that He will be there the day we have her service.

No comments:

Post a Comment