Friday, August 21, 2009

Old Friends Are Best

It's been a rough couple of weeks around here so I haven't posted anything because you probably wouldn't need to read anything that I would have to say about my life. This week I've had trouble with my blood pressure (more than likely Jamie's fault). For some reason he thinks he's on vacation and doesn't like how the hotel is treating him so he calls me and complains.....
Anyway, I was sitting here today reading and the phone rang and this sweet male voice said what are you doing. At first I thought, yeah an obscene phone call, but then I realized I recognized it just as he said his name. It was a precious friend from high school that I had not seen in nearly 40 years. He was in town and wanted to stop by, it didn't matter to him that it was one of those days that I didn't bother to put make-up on. We had a wonderful visit, he was thrilled to see mother. Our parents were friends so we were more like brother and sister than anything else. We talked old times and what had been going on his world. He's lost both parents, I remember his mom was one of the most beautiful women I knew and his dad was a hoot to be around. They both had so much class and it rubbed off him. He will be back in a few weeks for his 40th class reunion, which I'm going to crash. Yes, he's married, but I can't wait to see him again. Love ya Dudley!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment