Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How Ya Doin?

Last night, I was sitting with a friend in the emergency room, and if we were asked once we were asked 100 times how we were doing. First off, we are in the ER if we were doing fine we wouldn't be here. Second, don't ask if you don't want to know. We had been sitting there for 5 hours when a nurse walked by and probably really didn't care but asked anyway. I said well we are in the ER which means there is something wrong. We have been sitting here for 5 hours which is helping the situation. She said I'm sorry let me see what I can do, I really didn't expect to see her again but in just a minute she came back around the corner and said come on. My first thought was why didn't I say that 4 hours ago..... I came up with a brilliant idea while I was sitting there all that time. I realize that the ER is an extremely busy place, but when they have determined what is wrong with the patient and all they are doing is waiting for a bed upstairs they need a place to move them to till that bed becomes available. If they would have a holding place like they do for surgery, then that would clear up the rooms in the ER so people wouldn't have to wait so long to be seen. So, from now on don't ask me how I'm doin unless you really want to know....

No comments:

Post a Comment